Open Positions at Rawhide Western Town & Events Center and Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park
Thank you for your interest in the Maintenance Technician position at Rawhide / Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park. Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, the Wild Horse Pass Development Authority (WHPDA) has instituted a temporary hiring freeze and will not be actively looking to fill the role at this time. We will keep your application on file for future consideration. For all questions and other concerns, please email email@example.com.
LOCATION: Rawhide / Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park
COMPENSATION: $13.17 - $18.16, DOE
HOURS OF WORK: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
Responsible for providing general maintenance work to Rawhide Western Town grounds and facilities.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform necessary general maintenance repairs and perform related duties for the property. This includes lamp bulb replacements, A/C filter replacements, light plumbing repairs, roof inspections, building set-ups, etc.
- Provide mechanical support for transportation vehicles used on property.
- Make necessary irrigation repairs on all water leaks throughout the property, make necessary landscape field operations of problem areas in field.
- Provide landscaping duties requiring use of chain saws, weed eaters, mowers, power tools, and other landscape tools as required.
- Operate hand and gas-operated small equipment as needed for projects and regular maintenance.
- Maintain clean walk ways, streets, parking lots and sidewalks.
- Support recycle program when needed.
- Conduct small HVAC and electrical projects as required.
- Conduct water treatment analysis.
- Perform general maintenance work orders concerning the buildings on the property.
- Perform small carpentry projects.
- Act as Roving Engineer for all maintenance issues and be “on call” rotation when required for after-hours issues.
- Perform table and chair set-ups for events and departmental meetings as requested.
- Support Facility Manager Inspection requests for property and buildings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a valid AZ driver’s license and provide proof of past driving record for thirty-nine (39) months from the Department of Motor Vehicles. GRIC driver’s permit will be required, drive certification needed to drive all community vehicles.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of three years related experience in construction and maintenance field and the use of hand-held power tools.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, certifications preferred
- A satisfactory result obtained through a test for illegal drugs is a requirement of employment. Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a drug-free work place as a condition of employment.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment as required.
- Demonstrate knowledge in general landscaping qualities.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Dependable, reliable, self-sufficient, self-motivated.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to write and speak effectively, provide verbal and written reports as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; work in a team environment, supporting various aspects of the property.
Work is performed both outside and inside; primarily outside. Outside work is performed in most kinds of weather with exposure to extreme heat, fumes and direct sunlight and extreme heat. Work is performed primarily in an amusement park setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Evening, night, weekend, and holiday work is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be outside for an entire shift/extended period of time. During their shift, and employee will be required to walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; execute repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; and climb, balance, bend, stoop, lift, carry, push, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 or more pounds.